HOW WE DID IT

I've always said "We did this old school."
We didn't have any choice.
I don't have Illustrator anymore, Turbopistola doesn't use it. So we just did everything the way everything would have been done in the days when the internet was first starting...no Skype...no Illustrator...All pencils and inks and ideas through emails. We even did photocopying at public libraries.
Thats hard work. Two guys on opposite ends of the world and there was a LOT of work and it all needed to be done twice because when we were done it wasn't exactly what was needed in Japan so we started again.

Nothing new for people who've seen this before.
He would draw it and send it and I would go over it all in ink...I'm the
#*!&ing tracer! If it didn't work we'd discuss it, I'd send crappy sketches and he'd fix them. It took FOREVER. That was good, it's good to take awhile to get things right.
Since the process of Japanese vinyl, the sculpts, the wax molds is still done very old school I'm kind of happy we did it all this way because when you put it all together by the end we'll have done something pretty unique.
Now, with Velocitron, I'm working with 3 guys on the opposite ends of the world so it's very exciting.
The first shots of the sculpts are posted but there have been heavy delays with SDCC and Japanese festivals. Such is life!

Copyright © / A.O.I. Toys

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger